Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Long time, no post!

Wow, it sure has been a while since we have put a post on here! I feel kinda bad because I want everyone to know how our engagement and wedding planning is going, plus everything else in our lives... but with no internet @ my new apartment, it's been hard to keep up with the internet things I would like to do. :o( I will do my best at this time to update as much as I can remember the last month... Enjoy!!

I took a much needed vacation to California for about 9 days!! It felt so good to keep my promise to my bestest friend Squishy aka Brittany by being her bridesmaid on Nov.29 . :o) I'm so glad I was able to be there and support Squishy during one of the most important times of her life. It was a very very beautiful, fun, and memorable wedding!!! I'm very happy & proud of the newly weds, I really wish them allllllll the happiness in the world for all time & eternity!! I LOVE YOU SQUISHY!!!!!
Not only did I get to be apart of the wedding while I was in Cali, I got to watch a night of dance classes that Squishy teaches @ her OWN STUDIO!! Those dancers are soo talented and again, I'm really proud of Brittany for making her dream or being a dance choreographer come true!! She really proves to those girls, that if they really put their whole heart & soul into dancing, there is no limit to how good of a dancer they can become.
Then Squishy and I saw Twilight together which was a very good movie! and it was really nice to have some special girl time w/ Squish.
And last, but certainly not least... my Uncle Jeff, his fiance' Diona, and my grandparents all got together and went to Disney Land the last day I was there!! My uncle and his wife bought my ticket as my 20th birthday present, and it was really one of the BEST birthday presents I have ever got, thanks you two! While I was there, I decided to buy a really cute present for David and I to wear @ our wedding reception, Bride & Groom Minnie & Mickey hats!!! They are the cutest hats I have ever seen, and those are something you cannot get in Ohio which was my goal as a present for David.
So..... all in all, my trip to California was very very fun thanks to Squishy & my family, and I def. would not mind going again in the near future!!


Now as for David and I in general... I just turned 20 on Dec. 17!!! It feels soo good to be an official adult now, I really feel like I have a clean slate with everything in my life and I feel very blessed with everything that has happened to me this passed year. David treated me to a wonderful steak dinner (my fav. meal) @ Texas Roadhouse.. I got to sit on a saddle as the staff said happy birhtday to me in front of everyone, totally fun!! Then he bought me a brand new really cozy winter jacket that I love and a really sweet card and froggy stuffed animal that's soo soft. It was a really fun and romantic birthday that I will never forget, thanks sweetie!!
I am really excited that I am about to send in my form to take my test to get my MANAGERS COSMETOLOGY LICENSE (thank you Ray & Carol for the funds to pay for this for my 20th bday present, I really do appreciate this and it means soo much to me!) David is waiting ever so patiently for the clearance to go to meps for the Air Force. There has been a few bumps in the road lately, but we have faith that the Lord will help and guide us through this, and I will be there to support David 100% with whatever does come about this!
Also, I am really proud and happy to say that we were finally able to take a trip to the temple together this passed Sat, and I was actually able to go in and do confirmations for the dead... the temple is a really beautiful and spiritual place, and I'm really glad that I have gotten myself back on track with the gospel and am able to enjoy all the blessings of the temple. We really are going to go to the temple way more often this coming up year together. I really can't wait to be endowed & married for all eternity to my best friend and soul mate in March @ the temple! I am soo IN LOVE with you David! <3

The wedding plans are going good... trying to get everything done in advanced as possible, but with the holidays and our work schedules, it's hard sometimes. But David is a really wonderful at helping and supporting me in making our wedding day a dream come true for the both of us! We have figured out the theme, thanks to the wonderful help of Josh too, The transition of Leticia O'Brien joyfully becoming Mrs. David Matthew for all time & eternity! Our colors are light green and blue. We are really excited about the design of our invitations and are really excited to make them with the help of my Aunt Jenna and Camille. Me and Davids wedding attire are getting made starting at the first of the year, and we are totally impressed with our seamstress Sis. Goodrich for helping us design exactly what we want! And.... we have registered @ Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, and Kohl's and we really appreciate and are thankful for whatever gifts we do recieve! :o)

We hope everyone has a joyous and blessed holiday season! A big thank you to everyone who has made a difference in our lives in some way or another this passed year. Let's all make sure we take time to remember the true meaning of these holidays. We love you all!!!

2 comments:

*brittany* said...

that was so beautiful!!! lol!! look at me i got a blogger yay!!! hahah!!! now u can read all about my drama filled life! i miss you and love you and hope all is awsome!

Camille said...

Holy crap you wrote a lot! Hope you're feeling better!