Friday, November 14, 2008

David's view of the engagement story

Leticia was in the other room talking with the family while I was upstairs getting ready for the biggest moment in my life. I was shaking my boots wondering how everything will turn out. In order to make things appropriate, I called Leticia's mother for her hand in marriage. She answered,"well finally. I was getting worried." I take it that she approves...
I told her that I will be proposing to Leticia this evening. She replied that she will be waiting for us to see her afterwards.
When I was coming downstairs into the kitchen, I wanted to confuse Leticia thinking that there will be something wrong, just for the sake of her not knowing what I am about to do. I said in a straight-forward voice,"Tish, can you come into the other room please."
We crept into the piano room and Leticia was wanting to know what is going on. I kissed her like my life depended on it, because good ol' swave like me, I confused her. She had a puzzled face wondering how I was able to be from a serious guy to an affectionate person in a split second."Whats wrong?" I gathered myself together, wanting to kneel down right there. However I look at the couch and thought,"She might faint if she is standing." "Let's sit down." As we sat, she said again, "honey what is happening?" I replied,"It's not what is happening, it's what will happen in our future."
BAM!
Right there while she was sitting down, I took her left hand and with all my might I knelt down on my left knee. Shocked, she inhales very deeply. "I talked with your mother and she approves what I am about to do. Leticia, I want to be your husband for time and all eternity." She SCREAMS! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! She runs around in circles in the room and jumps at me, giving me a big hug. She kisses me affectionately afterwards.
Now, in my mind, I am thinking to myself,"I didn't propose yet....." To all the women who are reading this blog, you need to know something. No matter how estatic you will be, the guy wants to hear a ,"yes, I will marry you." I didn't get that answer yet.
"Umm, honey, will you marry me?" While she is still hugging me,"Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!"
(PHEW)
It took a lot more energy than it should have. I didn't have a plan to propose, I just did it expecting a yes. Sorry for being origional, but that's what I did. Because I did propose though, I got a positive answer. An answer that I was looking for, an answer that will officially start of my new family. YES.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Congratulations you guys! I hope you guys have a great wedding and that you will always be happy together! I'm sure you will be.